Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:27 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:06 pm
Posts: 434
The letter advising us what to bring contains this helpful sentence:

Please ensure that your daughter brings a drink and a snack in a clear plastic bag which is labelled with her name (shown on the top of this letter).

Made me smile.


Best wishes to all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 4604
Location: Essex
RedVelvet wrote:
The letter advising us what to bring contains this helpful sentence:

Please ensure that your daughter brings a drink and a snack in a clear plastic bag which is labelled with her name (shown on the top of this letter).

Made me smile.


Best wishes to all.


And if they have managed to send you someone else's letter by mistake, do you label the snack with that name instead???

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:08 pm
Posts: 1226
If I labelled DS2's with his own name he probably wouldn't realise it was his, he is so used to most of his kit having one or other of his siblings names in it :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 4604
Location: Essex
Minesatea wrote:
If I labelled DS2's with his own name he probably wouldn't realise it was his, he is so used to most of his kit having one or other of his siblings names in it :oops:


:lol:

I used to think a friend who just labelled her 3 DC's clothes with their surname was a bit lazy.

Stress is on used to...

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:48 pm
Posts: 205
That made me laugh, Minesatea and ToadMum. I now advise all first time 'school' parents to buy labels with surname only so they're good for all children! I learnt this to my cost - am now stuck with hundreds of sew on labels (first time mum = good intentions!) for DS1 and now just write surnames on everything with a marker!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:06 pm
Posts: 434
I think I learnt this on here, this is what we do. Surname labels on everything. Then in sharpie one dot on the label for child one, two for child two etc. we even sometimes dot similar non-school items. With similar sized children it's stopped the 'he's wearing my shirt' arguments.

Off to label my child in case she forgets her name.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:25 pm
Posts: 2610
Alway been just surname in this household until last year when youngest had to have a new uniform. For once I invested in iron on labels and he was able to have his full name.

Never again most of the cursed things have fallen off :evil: Back to biro in this household. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:08 pm
Posts: 1226
Off topic story, while we are on labelling: the biggest laugh caused by my (and a friends) failure to relabel clothing came at a scout camp last year attended my ds1(young leader), ds2 with cubs and a friends 6 year old beaver, who, it turned out, were all wearing uniform labelled with DS1's name! The scout leaders confusion, when he handed a selection of mislaid uniform back to DS1 (age 16, 5ft 11) at the end of the weekend was apparently hysterical.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am
Posts: 8116
Minesatea wrote:
Off topic story, while we are on labelling: the biggest laugh caused by my (and a friends) failure to relabel clothing came at a scout camp last year attended my ds1(young leader), ds2 with cubs and a friends 6 year old beaver, who, it turned out, were all wearing uniform labelled with DS1's name! The scout leaders confusion, when he handed a selection of mislaid uniform back to DS1 (age 16, 5ft 11) at the end of the weekend was apparently hysterical.


:lol: :lol: been a hot day at primary and all the jumpers came off. DS came out at the end of the day with 3 - his own, his sisters and that of a friend who had borrowed an old one as leaving at the end of the term... well at least they all got back to us


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:06 pm
Posts: 434
My daughter now knows, as do the school, that any uniform labelled with an ex-pupils name belongs to us!

I remember all my uniform labelled with sewn-in tags with my first middle and surname! Must ave taken my mum ages.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016