how to 'not' think of results !

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Happyface

how to 'not' think of results !

Post by Happyface »

I need advice pls:-
results are due in 1 week. I can't switch off! Everything I do, everything I think of, an imaginary envelope comes in my hands, sometimes with positive & other times with a negative news on it. From then on, it takes over my feelings & whatever else I do. Despite knowing it's not going to be the end of the world, it's taking over every min of my life these days.
Thumbsup

Re: how to 'not' think of results !

Post by Thumbsup »

That sounds just like me! We actually got our results 2 weeks ago. DC did really well, got over the average mark, however a borderline score. So this prolongs these anxiety feelings. I hate to say this but for us the agony is far from over until Allocations day. I have since been stressing over what preference order to put on CAF and thinking of each potential scenario that could happen...... It's going to be a long 4 month wait!!! Even then you could possibly have waiting list scenarios. I'm sorry I should be trying to put your mind at rest, however I am sharing my own personal feelings over the last few weeks and also of what I expect to come. Fingers crossed that all works out well for you.
Petunia

Post by Petunia »

I feel like this too. One thing I have done that has helped a little, is to make a flow chart of possible results and their knock-on effect / action to be taken. For me, it's even more complicated because we've got a house move to coordinate with the results, but it has made me feel better knowing that I have made plans for every eventuality - even though in some scenarios the only outcome I've been able to write down is 'sit and wait'!
Happyface

Post by Happyface »

wow thats great to know that atleast my behaviour is not 'just me' . I really started thinking I'm a weak person emotionally but knowing that there r people who went or going through similar feelings does make me feel normal. Good luck to you be it allocation day or the result day itself.xx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now