11+ for 2017 entry

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

naomi

11+ for 2017 entry

Post by naomi »

Hi I am new to this site, was wondering if anyone could be so kind as to advise me. My son is in Yr5, he has only just started with a tutor, (late-i know!!) i have read about all these papers and what everyone is doing etc and i have not a clue??!! basically what papers, books, tests should I be doing with him? can i obtain test papers etc free? or should I buy these? basically any info will be greatly appreciated? also his tutor teaches upto 5 children, as i am struggling to find a one on one, what are opinions on this? do you think he will get same benefit as he is already late starting with his prep? also one more thing, the school sites are saying that the test dates for 2017 entry will be available after March 2016, last years was 1st July 2015, are they usually the same? does anyone know from experience? many many thanks for any replies :?
PurpleDuck

Re: 11+ for 2017 entry

Post by PurpleDuck »

The same topic and posts can be found on the thread below:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =5&t=43465" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
maxtom

Re: 11+ for 2017 entry

Post by maxtom »

It's not late to start, don't worry. I am just waiting for Slough results & heard today that my son passed Bucks. We only started work with him in January and tutored him ourselves with a mix of books - Bond, CGP, 1st Past the Post and others, and did a bit of online work. I panicked at first because I knew children who had been tutored since Year 4, but at least ds didn't really get too fed up with it because the end was always in sight. The only thing I wish I'd started sooner was vocabulary, as there is a limit to how many words you can learn in a short space of time.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now