Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:39 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:14 pm
Posts: 1
Hi
My situation is bit peculiar. My DS is in Year 7 now. He was extremely successful in his grammar school exams . he got through St olaves/ Judd/ Wilson etc. We decided to put him in Hampton school (an independent school. He got 25% fee waiver) In September 2015. He has been doing very well there so far no issues with that. His grandparents agreed to sponsor his school remaining fees. But due to unforeseen circumstances they might not be able to continue helping us. Just wanted to know is there any chance he can get into a state grammar school now.

if yes what is the process.

Regards
Stressful Dad


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 1:05 pm
Posts: 4019
Location: Reading
Place to start would be to look at the the 'in year admissions' policy on the various school websites. Different schools have different rules.

You will probably have to wait until a place comes vacant, which means you are relying on another child leaving the school before a place becomes available, and then it is likely there will be another test for those interested in the place.

You may need to contact each school and put your name down on a 'continuing interest' list or similar so you are contacted if a place becomes available.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:59 pm
Posts: 2814
If he is doing well at the school, the first place I would start is there. Have you gone to see the Bursar to see if there was a fundamental change in your ability to pay (i.e. the grandparents are no longer able to pay the 75% fees still outstanding) would they be able to give you further remission? It is not clear if the 25% fee remission you already get is from a scholarship or bursary? Certainly, if it is a scholarship then you could apply for up to 75% fee remission in the form of a Bursary - if the 25% is already a Bursary, then ask if they could extend this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 296
And I would guess that it's best to do it asap with the school currently going through offers and admissions and budgets etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016