Grammar schools to apply for

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MCLC

Grammar schools to apply for

Post by MCLC »

After going through the 11 plus with DS, DD tells me that she's keen to go to a grammar school (we can't afford to go private as DS's father will pay for him). Can anyone give me an idea of some schools that might be worth applying to? We'll look at Graveney although we're in Wandsworth so it's not on the doorstep.

Thanks all!
Daogroupie

Re: Grammar schools to apply for

Post by Daogroupie »

YOu need to post in your region and not in general topics. You don't want to hear about grammar schools hundreds of miles away. DG
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Daogroupie wrote:YOu need to post in your region and not in general topics. You don't want to hear about grammar schools hundreds of miles away. DG
Well, you never know - they might. Every year, there are a few seemingly going for every 11+ south of the Wash :lol: . North of the Wash, it appears to be less of a Thing for some reason.

With an older child already in secondary school at the start of the journey, I assume that the question is indeed geographically restricted, though, MCLC?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Well ToadMum - sort of but DS will already be travelling across London to school so DD will have to do the same for the right school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now