Not Pushing children

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

fm wrote:-- but then there is nothing fair about most aspects of education.
My son is at an indifferent comprehensive and is the only child in his year to belong to an out-of-school orchestra. While I'd like to believe he is mega-talented, some of his success has to be down to the fact that we can afford private music lessons rather than the hit-and-miss lessons offered at his school. His orchestra is dominated by the grammar and private sector--possibly 1 in 6 coming from a state comprehensive. How much potential is out there that never even gets to blow an instrument?
Absolutely, hence the need for wonderful sites like this, that go some way in addressing some of these inequalities.

:D

BW
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

My daughter is at a Russell group university studying history, she had all A/A* at gsce and straight A at A level , plus merits with advanced extension awards...

BUT ,

and this is why i admire her so much, she is clever , but has the killer combination of being clever, very conscientious and extremely hard working, she puts maximum effort into everything she does.

Post by Guest »

And you are rightly proud of her. What a lucky girl to have you as her mother. I agree that the killer combination of brains and determination will get anyone anywhere. I wish her well in her studies. It's nice to hear of parents saying that although their child is very bright, they still work hard. Have a great Christmas.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now