11plus

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Lenovo2015

11plus

Post by Lenovo2015 »

I registered my DD for Kent and CCHS. Got confirmation letter both exams clash. One is from 8am - 1pm and other is from 12:45pm. Really confused don't know what to do. Want her to do the two.
ToadMum

Re: 11plus

Post by ToadMum »

Lenovo2015 wrote:I registered my DD for Kent and CCHS. Got confirmation letter both exams clash. One is from 8am - 1pm and other is from 12:45pm. Really confused don't know what to do. Want her to do the two.
Didn't you know that they were both on the same day? It's very unlikely that either Kent CC or CCHS would worry about possible clashes between them, as there must be very few places which are logistically sensible for both. (Although people do post on here of their intention to have their child use the Dartford Crossing as part of their journey to school, one never seems to hear after the beginning of term re how well that plan has gone). Or do you have to move from one county to the other for work at some time in the future and won't know until nearer the time when it will be?

Unless things have changed this year, CCHS will not accept wanting to take another school's 11+ as a reason for allowing you to defer to their reserve date, but I suppose you might be luckier with Kent if you explain the situation to them.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

Most schools dissuade parents by stating you can't alter dates because of a clash for another school, so check the fine print on their websites, and then I suspect you'll have to choose which school you prefer... Or which your child has a more realistic chance of gaining a place. If there's no difference, pick the one that's easiest to get to.
Less time travelling = more time for homework/hobbies/other activities.
Lenovo2015

Post by Lenovo2015 »

Many thanks for your response
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Presumably you must be OOC for Kent to have the dates clash as CCHS tests on Saturday? The main Kent dates doesn't clash.
Lenovo2015

Post by Lenovo2015 »

Yes OOC for both Kent and CCHS