CDROM aids

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nick

CDROM aids

Post by Nick »

Can anybody recommend any CDROM/DVD aids to help children practice for the eleven-plus style questions ? - something that's 'fun' to do, but also helps them learn at the same time.

I had a brief look in my local PCWORLD, and although they have learning aids for this age group, there doesn't appear to be anything targeted specifically at the 'eleven-plus'.

Post by Guest »

Personally I would not use cd-rom learning material. Familiarisation is all about getting your child used to not just the type of question but also the layout of the paper and equally importantly the answer sheet. I live in Bucks and have had 3 children sit the 11+ successfully. The youngest I used IPS material which is aimed specifically at the Bucks 11+ and incorporates all the different types of question your child will encounter. There is a very useful method and technique book and a book of 5 minute test papers along with full length papers. These books are available to order through the 'book' link on this site. I would say around Easter is a good time to start working with your child - but keep it fairly low-key to start with and then gradually increase the amount of time you spend as you go on. Good luck!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now