Took 11 + and came out feeling really negative :'(

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
DIYdad

Re: Took 11 + and came out feeling really negative :'(

Post by DIYdad »

teresaPatricia wrote:Hi,
My 10yo daughter took her 11+ today and came out feeling really negative. She's had tuition (Kip McGrath for 6 months) and some pass papers at home (although it's been difficult to get her to do them because of other pressures and she's quite headstrong).
I passed by the skin of my teeth 27 years ago but didn't go to grammar (I now have a BA and a good professional job, though), but my dad went to grammar and loads of mine and my daughter's paternal family did too.)
I'm not stupid, I know this doesn't matter and I don't need a lecture on tuition etc. But I'm wondering if anyone has a vague idea about whether kids who feel it went bad usually fail.
I'm really gutted because my daughter's one of the top four cleverest kids in her class. She does and always has done loads of activities but is very emotionally intelligent. She's brilliant at English but is just above average for her age at maths.
I guess I just want some encouraging and inspiring words from people who thought their kids had failed but they hadn't.

Thanks. xx
Google "Celebrities who went to Comprehensives". You may consider it as a failure, but it is important that you don't let you DD feel that way. As long she gave her best, you should be proud. Just ensure that you pass on life skills so that she knows to differentiate between rights/wrongs further down the line. And did I say Google "Celebrities who went to Comprehensives"?