Disaster with 11+ exam answering

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
aslongastheirhappy

Re: Disaster with 11+ exam answering

Post by aslongastheirhappy »

My DS who sat I warwickshire said this happened to the child in front of him. He put his hand up and was asked to rub out all the wrong answers in the section, which meant he guessed the last three questions because time was taken up rubbing out previous answers. Another mum told me that a little girl also did it, and another mum at another test centre said that two other children said they'd done it.
Sadly, for every child that got out of sync, there are many that didn't, so it's hard to question the fairness of it. My friend sits on the LA schools appeal board and it's ever satisfied an appeal. But, she said, it's still worth documenting and letting and appeals team know. Especially if they've put their hand up as this will be noted. Hope this helps. Might not have affected the score as much as it seemed...
UmSusu

Re: Disaster with 11+ exam answering

Post by UmSusu »

DS3 said it happened to him too in one of the sections. By the time he rubbed it out and started again, he could only get through two-thirds. It happens but they can still make it up if they do well in other areas
UmSusu
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now