My child is unhappy about doing the Exams , what can i do?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SJ

Post by SJ »

patricia wrote:Dear Friend

I personally believe we give young children too many choices, choices that a child quite frankly is incapable of making [ they do not fully understand the consequences....they can only see themselves in the 'whats important to me now' situation]

Patricia
Very true Patricia. I believe that if you asked any 10 yr old to make a decision about which school they wanted to go to the majority would express their opinion of wanting to go to the "same school as my friends". They cannot see beyond the here and now and what we have to do as parents is show them all of the different options of the schools and make an informed decision, taking into account hwo they felt about the schools, but ignoring the "I want to go with my friends" because all secondary schools are larger than primary schools and they will have a wider variety of pupils to become friends with. Their relationships with friends in and out of school develope/change as they mature and there is no reason why they cannot still see their original friends out of school anyway, if they want to.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now