Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 11 plus bucks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:41 pm 
hi ,
just want to congratulate you on this excellent forum ! never knew such a place existed till 2 days ago!
My son is due to take his 11 plus in oct. he has had some tuition ,but tutor away now for 4 weeks!! has suggested we go over various practice books ,but to leave the likes od NFER,TUTORS ,BRIGHT SPARKS, AFN ,till sept/oct as they mirror t he real thing and it's best to leave it till last.
What do you think? Is it a good idea?
He did one Nfer paper and got 110. ,other papers have averaged 68-78 with a best mark of 86%.
we have got the cd by the tutors, first time on it today ,1st paper 78% in 14 mins ,second paper 68% in 16 mins. I would appreciate any help advice.thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:05 pm 

Dear Guest

If you look further down there is a section specifically for Bucks.

I think leaving NFER,TUTORS ,BRIGHT SPARKS, AFN...till September is leaving it a bit late......these would amount to 28 tests....they are taking the real thing, very early October.

Would not like to tread on your tutors toes, he/she obviously knows the correct material.....but I do believe you should be on these tests NOW.

I would leave out AFN [ they have the right types, but do not look like the real thing] ...... could use as part of a daily practice routine.

Start with The Tutors followed by Bright Sparks and lastly NFER....must remember to practice question types HIKNOS [ as identified by IPS] as NFER do not include them [But the real tests do!!]

The approx pass mark for Bucks is 86%

Any questions just ask......probably best to post in the Bucks section.