Discussion of Experience at Exams

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SunlampVexesEel

Discussion of Experience at Exams

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

I see a number of accounts of exams taking place...

I would caution against this since there are many candidates that do not take the exams on the exam date due to illness or other extenuating circumstances who are potentially put at a significant advantage if the details of the test become known.

Paranoid... maybe. But I know of one example where the group that took a test in January for a test originally set for the majority in December would have had access to a good amount of public knowledge regarding the content and level of the test. A high proportion of the January group were subsequently selected.

Just be aware.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
smileyygirl

Desperate Desperate people!

Post by smileyygirl »

Yeah that seems to be the case round where i live aswell. the parents are so deperate to get their kids into grammer school they they go to such lengths to make sure they pass. its sad really because then the child doesnt get in because of their own intelligence but because of the news that would have spread about which questions are included in the exam.

When i did the 11+ exam a few years ago some of the other children there were told by their parents or tutors to steal they scrap paper that they use so that they can geta rough idea of the questions in the paper and then use it for next year. The lady supervising caught her trying to take the paper and made her give it back. Thats just another sad example of the huge lengths people go to to pass. Why cant they just do the sensible thing and take the exam and just be sensible, no funny business? :?
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear SunlampVexesEel

Moderators will delete/edit any information that will give another student an unfair advantage.

Should you see any specific details being posted, please send a PM to any moderator, we will then take necessary action.

Patricia
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now