I am trying my best to keep ds captivated
whilst prepping him, and to help him along and keep him refreshed with his vocabulary, I need to be creative with my teaching skills.
I was thinking of starting this thread to compile ideas on how best to get the little ones captivated.
So far, I use
1. Flash Cards, make my own, or using FlashCardExchange - also make picture flashcards to give a visual aid for the definition, such as "stile" or "press"
2. Tell him to write interesting sentences with new vocab
3. prepare worksheets for him for compund words and opposites where I have a column on the left hand side, and a jumbled up column on the right hand side and he has to join up the correct words with lines.
4. make crosswords for him using CrosswordWeaver for words where a he needs to learn a definition
5. make wordsearches using PuzzleMaker to find words in the same category, such as Types of Birds
and after all that (phew), ds will look at a cross word and say "awww... not crosswords again!"
Any ideas and suggestions from anyone else?