Bexley test dates Sept 2016 for 2017 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

PettswoodFiona

Re: Bexley test dates Sept 2016 for 2017 entry

Post by PettswoodFiona »

As an FYI our results letter last year confirmed that over 5,500 sat the Bexley test in September 2015. That was up 10% from the year before so either a blip or a trend? Who knows? That is a lot of marking! Saying that they were very organised throughout the whole process.
salsa

Post by salsa »

I think the trend is up. The children population has rocketed around Bexley and Greenwich. Of course a lot of children take more than one test and some use the test as a mock for the private schools. Having said that, the tests are so different that other than learning from the exam experience, I don't think it's much use as a mock. Or is it?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

salsa wrote:I see. Thank you for taking the trouble to post the link, anyway. Durham do both formats, so that's why it's confusing. The standard version I have found is for a girls' school. I have no idea how many seat the test for them. Somehow, I find it difficult to believe that the Bexley test will be manually marked.
http://www.cchs.co.uk/ch/content/downlo ... _Sheet.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chelmsford County High School for Girls was previously a member of the CSSE, but a couple of years ago they decided to leave the consortium and run their own entrance test, currently provided by CEM. I have had a quick look through the Essex section of the forum for numbers of girls sitting the CCHS exam, but haven't found what I was looking for. It is the same exam as that for Redbridge, Latymer etc. I think the number of girls taking the exam and naming CCHS as a school for which they want to be considered is in the region of 700 - 800.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
salsa

Post by salsa »

I see. Smaller numbers then and easier to manage manually.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

salsa wrote:I see. Smaller numbers then and easier to manage manually.
I've just realised that the familiarisation paper you linked to was for 2014, when the CCHS exam may have been just for CCHS. It is now one of the schools / counties for which the exam is taken at the same time on the same Saturday in September so I would have assumed that the format for all the schools involved would be the same.I think that there is a more recent CCHS familiarisation paper out there (possibly the one on the LB Redbridge site is for the coming year's entry).

ETA:

http://www2.redbridge.gov.uk/cms/childr ... version=-1
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
salsa

Post by salsa »

Thanks! The more sample papers the better.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now