Chis and Sid

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sidcupmum

Chis and Sid

Post by Sidcupmum »

New to this site although have been reading comments for last couple of weeks. Bit concerned have put son down for Chis and Sid worried he may be the only child going to school. All comments are Beths and Bexley Gram. Why did none of you consider C+S
thanks, would be interested
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

I think it's a great school but we are nearer to BGS.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Sidcup Mum - I think it's a fantastic school. However, we are probably just out of catchment and there is no direct bus route. I do know parents with children there who are extremely happy. I've heard the odd negative comment about Bexley Grammar, Beths and Townley but have never heard anyone criticise Chis & Sids at all.

I'm sure your son will have a great time there.
Sidcupmum

Post by Sidcupmum »

Thanks very much for replies
nicemum

Post by nicemum »

we are thinking of putting my DS for Chil and Sid - not many feedabck on this forum about that school. Anyone knows anything
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

I do have a few friends with children there and every one of them would recommend the school, not just the sporty ones!

Purely on a distance basis, we went for BGS over C & S but it would certainly be our next choice.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

I think Chis & Sids is a lovely school. I was dithering right until the last minute about whether or not to put it first choice for DS2. But Beths had the edge for us, and we already had a son there.

I spend a lot of time there for sporting fixtures and I always think how lovely the grounds are. The facilities inside are excellent too and I just like the look and feel of the school. I know there's more to a school than the grounds and building though! People I know with children there are more than happy with the school. If you want a mixed grammar school for your DS I don't think you could do better than Chis & Sids.
Bexley

Post by Bexley »

Hi,

Chis & Sid was my dd's 1st choice & she's now just finishing Yr8.

She (and we) are very happy so far. There are several children from our area of Bexley who go there plus quite a few from Chislehurst/Bromley/Mottingham etc.
We have found the school to be a very caring one and it seems to reward effort as well as achievement, which I feel is important.

Most people seem to think highly of all the Bexley selectives, so whichever one you/your ds chooses, I'm sure he'll be happy there. :)