st. olaves test this saturday

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PB Mum

Post by PB Mum »

Twix, my understanding is that St Olave's will do the same as happened at Newstead. Even if another school, say Skinners, has been first choice, and DS scores well enough, they have written to offer a place. The required score for GS entry in Kent rose last year, but not sure what has happened this year.
herewegoagain149

Post by herewegoagain149 »

Twix, St Olaves will simply submit the list of the children in rank order to the central sorting office.Olaves do not know where they have been placed on the childrens caf forms. If a child is offered a place at another school that they have placed higher than Olaves then they will be offered a place at that school. But potentially a child could put Judds and Skinners down above Olaves but not get offered places there, due to a low kent score and could be offered Olaves, as their third choice, because they scored high enough in the test to be in the top 120.
long and winding road

Post by long and winding road »

Hi Twix - I asked my DS if they had been asked about tutoring - he said no - so I guess it was curiousity on invigilators part. Maybe he/she is thinking of offering private tuition and was doing some market research!!!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Hi there, just asked DS if he was asked about tutoring and he wasn't - we were early red slot if that helps.
PB Mum

Post by PB Mum »

Twix, I know of a child last year who had Judd first choice, was offered it, but also had a letter from St Olave', (not via CAF/ Bromley), which I think was what you were asking...