st. olaves test this saturday

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
long and winding road

Post by long and winding road »

hi WTPWE - I think I understand now - ta! It sounds like we probably have a better chance of Skinners with 411 - hope this isn't going to be a year with strange anomalies!!!????
long and winding road

Thanks for the score info WTPWE - we will probably be borderline or miss it by a few marks based on DS's comments re the maths paper which is a shame as Skinners is a much longer trek for us. C'est la vie!!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Thanks for score info - I think I understand!

DS did say that he spoke to one little boy for whom St O's was the first of 10 entry tests he was doing!!!!!! Can this be true? Makes the 11+ seem pretty straightforward in comparison!!!!
long and winding road

good grief - he must be sitting every exam south of the Watford gap and then some!!!! Poor kid!
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

Hi Long and Winding Road

Just for your info, as I said before my ds missed by 3 marks with a score of 146 and ranked 175 but his actual scores were 67% maths and 79% for English. It was actually a real shock for us as his strongest subject has always been maths, also if children tie the maths mark is taken into consideration - very frustrating. His brother (2 years before) got in on a score of 132 (but with a 78% in maths). It really does depend on the other boys taking the test. Both my boys were exactly the same academically as they left primary school but one was just "luckier" on the test day than his brother!!!!
long and winding road

Thanks Gercha -it's nice to understand the scoring - but like you say - it depends on all the other boys taking the test - lets hope we all get lucky this time! The offer letters are sent out the 1st March which is the day before my very significant b'day - it will be a b'day to remember one way or another!
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

LAWR

Wishing your ds the VERY, VERY best of luck :D
long and winding road

You're lovely - thank you!!
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

rouble is we won't know til March 1st. And its a long time till March 1st! Understand exactly how you feel.
twix

Post by twix »

thank you gercha for clarifying scoring system. i must ask a silly question. do children from bromley, and other boroughs have to put st. olaves as their first choice of school in order to be offered a place. if this is so st. olaves will just only offer the top scorers who have put the school first. its just a couple of years ago my sister put dartford grammar first choice for daughter and newstead second. she got offered dartford and accepted, but then newstead wrote to her privately to offer her a place. she is now at newstead and very happy. also spoke to st. olaves regarding invigilator asking my ds class who had been tutored towards test, and was told she should not have done this, and was not at the request of st. olaves. i guess it was curiosity of her part!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now