Bexley verbal reasoning

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
inspired2win

Bexley verbal reasoning

Post by inspired2win »

Not sure but it seems some peopl are saying that bonds verbal reasoing is not relevant to the bexley tests? Any advice please and if not which are the best books to get?

Thanks

inspired2win
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

inspired2win - I was advised on the VR site not to use Bond for Bexley or Kent tests. Apparently the Bond papers use too many types of VR question which don't appear in Bexley or Kent tests.

Nfer Nelson papers (available in WHSmith) are meant to be the closest as Nfer set the Bexley and Kent tests. We also use Susan Daughtrey and these seem very similar to the Nfer tests, although my son took longer over them. Walsh are also very similar, but recognised to be harder.

The Nfer maths papers contain algebra, but I haven't known the Bexley maths paper to contain any algebra. Kent always used to, but apparently didn't this year.
ProudDad3

Post by ProudDad3 »

Bexley Mum 2 wrote:inspired2win - I was advised on the VR site not to use Bond for Bexley or Kent tests. Apparently the Bond papers use too many types of VR question which don't appear in Bexley or Kent tests.

Nfer Nelson papers (available in WHSmith) are meant to be the closest as Nfer set the Bexley and Kent tests. We also use Susan Daughtrey and these seem very similar to the Nfer tests, although my son took longer over them. Walsh are also very similar, but recognised to be harder.

The Nfer maths papers contain algebra, but I haven't known the Bexley maths paper to contain any algebra. Kent always used to, but apparently didn't this year.
The Bond tests were quite useful for my DS to study; he told me that the real test was slightly easier. Wouldn't count it out by all means. :D