St Olaves Result

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
long and winding road

Post by long and winding road »

You are absolutely right newgal - there will always be DC's in every school who are not happy there. I have only heard positive things about St O's and I know that the pastoral care has greatly improved over the past few years as this was seen as an area of weakness. If things were that bad - there would not be such fierce competition for places. Bromleyboy did not pm me by the way so no way of knowing what the issues were.
Regarding ranking - we were only told our score - do they actually tell you the rank and does it really matter - getting in is a huge achievement in itself and all the boys should be immensely proud of that. We loved the feel of the school on Open Day and spoke to lots of boys there - there was a real buzz and our DS is really excited about going - which is a great start!!! Of course the work will be challenging and demanding but we have to trust that the school know what they are doing and have designed the selection process to identify the boys who will be able to and hopefully enjoy rising to this challenge whatever their rank in the tests. :) :)
mosemant

Post by mosemant »

yes I was only told scores (one for English, one for maths) and not the rank (not sure I wanted to know the rank!) - does anybody know how many people entered the exam this year?
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

mosemant wrote:yes I was only told scores
We at Newstead don't even know the scores, much less the rank. I'm not sure which system I prefer. :?
mosemant

Post by mosemant »

actually we weren't posted the scores either, but if you ring up and ask, they do tell you
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now