Newstead wood

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Newstead has

1. Performing Arts for years 7,8 and 9. This involves the whole class preparing a 15 min performance which includes singing, dancing and acting. There is no teacher involvement and is totally student led. The performances are then judged by outside adjudicators. The forms which gain the top 6 places then perform in front of friends and family. It is a fun night and tickest are in great demand.

2. Newstead The Rivals. Two acts (ranging from gym displays, dance, singing etc)from each House are selected by Hpuse Captains. These are then judged by teachers and winners are awarded House points.

3. The Cultural Society has A Cultural Arts Evening which you can participate in.

So, lots to do and its all fun!
vcopa

Post by vcopa »

Sorry im asking so many questions! Me (and my daughter) r just very curious :oops:
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

No problem vcopa. Glad to be of help.
vcopa

Post by vcopa »

2 more!!

1.How many instuments are you allowed to learn at a time?
2. What instuments are avaliable to learn to play?

My daughter play the piano and want to carry on with the piano, but would like to learn another instument as well.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

I don't think there is a limit on how many instuments you can take up. If you learn at school then the instruments are taught during lessons, so I suppose the number of instruments you take up shouldn't be too many as that would result in you missing quite a few lessons (and be quite expensive too). As far as instuments are concerned you can learn almost anything!!
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

PW Mum

Post by PW Mum »

Bromley mum, I am popping out this week to look at uniforms with a view to buying the bits that need embroidered. Is the best place to get this done the cleaners on Carlton parade? Is there a set style? Also what does your dd wear for art? Any other look-outs or tips apart from A line skirts! The sports kits looks very extensive!!
Thanks BM.
PW MUM
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

PW mum. I got my embroidery done by the lady who comes to the school on the uniform sale day. When my DD joined the embroidery had to be in the colour of the house you belong to. As the lady who comes to the school knew what the colours were i found it easier to give it all to her. But now my DD informs me the embroidery has to be in white so I suppose you could go to who ever is convenient to you. For Art you can wear an Art smock or any old shirt. We had bought a smock but lost it!! So, then it was whatever she could find! She's not doing Art now so don't have to worry about that anymore. You need a smock for Science too, but they don't like you using your science smock for Art so you need two different things. The PE kit is expensive. I did buy a larger size and my DD plays hockey so we did get a lot of wear out of it. Be sure to label every thing as uniforms to go walkabouts!!
PW Mum

Post by PW Mum »

Thank you! Is the 2nd hand uniform shop anygood - what day is it on?
:D
PW MUM
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

My DD is quite tall for her age so we've never found anything in the second hand sale. My friend bought quite a lot of stuff and found it of pretty good quality, especially the summer dresses. I'm afraid I don't know when the sale in on. Maybe it will mention the day and dates in th pack which we should be getting soon. Are you buying the uniform from Orpington or are you going to go to Croydon?