How is everyone feeling, it is almost here

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
CatSmile

Re: How is everyone feeling, it is almost here

Post by CatSmile »

Hi Suzieflooz

I agree with you too - I'm very glad that this is the last time we will have to go through this. I told my DS that once this is all over we'll go to the end of the garden and burn all the practice papers. I was only joking really, as I'd intended to pass them on to other parents with this nightmare still to come, but when I saw her face light up with enthusiasm for the first time in ages I couldn't really take it back (maybe I'll just let her do a few of the more frazzled ones).

Good luck to your DD and everyone else over the next few days and thanks

CatSmile
dani*

Post by dani* »

We are having a bonfire session planned. DD wanted to invite some friends to burn her revision papers and perhaps get the BBQ out. Think it is likely we will be cooking the food in the oven though.
Bex mum

Post by Bex mum »

I feel for all of you going through this- it was us last year. If it's any help, DS didn't really finish any of the practice papers in the given time but what he did do he mostly got right. However, on the day of the tests he came out and was able to tell me how many he thought he had got right and how many he had guessed. When we got the results he was quite accurate in his predictions! I guess what I am saying is don't panic because they might just be saving their best for when it matters most.

Good luck to you all.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Good Luck to your DCs tomorrow.
Impossible is Nothing.
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Thank you
CatSmile

Post by CatSmile »

Hi Guys - I left DD at Kent Test clutching a tissue and looking very pale :(. She had refused to eat anything this morning. I thought I'd managed to calm her down last nightbefore bed and she said she slept fine too. Just been worrying herself into a knot since she opened her eyes. I don't remeber my DS being quite this terrified two years ago - but he probably just didn't want to show it. I'm now just waiting to go back and get her and it will be the longest 5 hours of my life - I can't really face going home so I'm lurking in the library and doing window shopping - I might just have to have a huge Starbucks hot chocolate comlete with cream........and probably a cake too....anything to offer distraction.

Hope all your DCs are ok and all goes well for them and hope you are coping well too!
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

CatSmile, I wanted a big hug from my dd when i let in the hall but she just gave me a little one. She was smiling, not sure if it was nervousness but I felt like the one that needed calming down. My heart is pounding now. A friend told me this morning almost 5k kids are sitting for dartford (kent) area and there are only over 600 places. Dont know where she got this from but she said the cut off will be higher this year.
I shall be going to the Farrington's open morning next saturday.
Time to head out and find something to occupy my time, am a nervous wreck
CatSmile

Post by CatSmile »

So glad today is finally over! I'm so shattered I feel like it was me doing the tests! DD seems to have survived but hasn't really wanted to talk about it much. Didn't want to interrogate her but dying to know what it was like and what she thought of it. She was tired too but insisted we go to Bluewater as planned just to chill out before heading home.
I'm hoping that after such a long intense day of testing the Bexley tests taken at her own school, alongside her friends and only one paper a day will feel a lot more comfortable. DH and I have deicded not to bring up the subject of 11+ at all unless DD does so herself - back to life as normal for a while....
Hope everyone else is ok and all the DC's are now safely tucked up for good night's sleep! (it is 11.30pm as I write....can't help thinking I should be there too :roll: )
Good luck for next week!
dani*

Post by dani* »

Nearly there... roll on tomorrow!
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Almost there. Have gone through so many emotions this weekend.
Going to visit schools fromt his weekend now. Thats all I can do to take my mind off the results.