Feedback on the maths test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dani*

Re: Feedback on the maths test?

Post by dani* »

I don't understand why Bexley takes such a long time to release the results. There are only 2 papers and the marking is done by a computer. How long does it take to scan the papers and press a button to print those results?
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

I guess it gives them the chance to review the results and also the ht appeal. Three weeks is not too long to wait considering other areas like Kent
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

blessedmum wrote:I guess it gives them the chance to review the results and also the ht appeal. Three weeks is not too long to wait considering other areas like Kent
yes i agree its not too long, in medway it is only 2 weeks but the "review" comes after the results are known and not a particularly well thought of system. Parents then have a week( i think) to submit their childs review - then have another week or 2 till they hear the results of the review are sent back.
dani*

Post by dani* »

Do HT actually review the results before they are sent out to parents and to what extend. Last year a lot of children with a borderline fail who could have done well in GS did not get the places. Therefore, I would be interested to find out how much influence a HT has in this process.

Thanks.
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Dont know extent of HT appeal process, will ask my dd's ht tomorrow

for those that like Townley Girls, my niece passed cut off by 2 marks last year. 221 and ahse got her first choice grammar.Townley girls.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

The amount of HT reviews that are successful is about the same as the amount of appeals that are successful.
Next to none! That's why they don't need a lot of time to review the scores!
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Tracy,

Will our HT have received the results now?
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

I'm not sure. They should be already marked. Whether the heads have them is another thing.
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Thanks.

I need to employ a mind reader to access my ht. :lol: :lol: :lol:
mind/expression readers will be able to tell from looking at her. :lol:
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

I was trying the mindreading thing last year particularly when our results were delayed by the postal strike and I knew she had them but was not allowed to release them until the Friday (the day after we should have got the letter!). She did not give anything away..... :(
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now