Dartford and Beths

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
suzieflooz

Re: Dartford and Beths

Post by suzieflooz »

Beths do not put pressure on anyone to attend rugby training. It is purely a matter of choice. They have trials at the start of the year for rugby and football but anyone who is interested is able to attend training after school whether thay have made the team or not. Rugby matches tend to be played on a Saturday morning but only the team attend these. Football matches so far are generally during the week.
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

inspired2win wrote:This tread is getting very interesting, I am also in a smillar postion, but for transport DG is easier bcos of the coach however DS prefers Beths.
Be careful re the coaches. Its does not guarantee safety over local buses. I have heard of someone being bullied on the coach and even had his mobile phone taken from him but driver did not do anythg about it. This is not to scare you off as it can happen anywhere but coach is not necessarily safer than buses
trumpet

Post by trumpet »

They encourage them but dont force them. My son's in year 7 and doesnt play rugby.

Totally agree with the post about the open evenings. Dartford was the only one Ive ever taken myself round. I'm pretty sure we missed things.

I personally prefer Beths.
NEW2THIS

Post by NEW2THIS »

I did the school visits a year early. My DS is still in Yr 5, but thought it was worth visiting some of the schools this year. I can also say that I preferred BETHS over DGS - although DGS is easier for us to travel to. Plus, we live about 7 miles from BETHS so would need to be 'top 180'. I also preferred Wilmington. Now even more confused :roll: .
inspired2win

Post by inspired2win »

Thanks blessed mum for the coach information. Good to know. Our choice for Beths will mean 2 buses to school about 45 minutes. Still deciding.

Any advice whats best, as both have risks, coachh or bus to school?

Thanks
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

inspiredtowin - are you in a position to pick your son up from school on occasion? If not, then I would go for the school that has the journey he could manage most easily on the bus. The coach presumably only runs at the end of the school day. If your son wants to stay behind for after school clubs/to do homework/sports/detention (hopefully not!) then he will need to make his own way home on public transport.
11plusmum99

Post by 11plusmum99 »

Did not want to start another topic about Beths. Hope l can get a response.

Just wanted to know if anoyone travels to Beths from the Orpington area?

Experiences of travel by car, how long it takes in the morning if you take DS to school yourself?

If by bus, how long does it take to get to Beths by bus?

Thanks
inspired2win

Post by inspired2win »

Bexley Mum 2 wrote:inspiredtowin - are you in a position to pick your son up from school on occasion? If not, then I would go for the school that has the journey he could manage most easily on the bus. The coach presumably only runs at the end of the school day. If your son wants to stay behind for after school clubs/to do homework/sports/detention (hopefully not!) then he will need to make his own way home on public transport.
Thanks Bexley Mum 2, advice much apprecaited. Would be able to pick DS from school on ocassion, however your thoughts about the easiest route by bus is worth considering.

I think we will do a practice run on the bus and see how it plans out.

Thanks