Acceptance reply for Newsteadwood

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
soundofmusic

Acceptance reply for Newsteadwood

Post by soundofmusic »

Hi All

Got the acceptance reply through for Newsteadwood today and in the letter it said it has to be returned together with DD's original birth certificate. I have a photocopy of her birth certificate but the original is somewhere in the house but i cant find it!! We have alot of ongoing building works at the moment and the builders keep moving all my boxes around! In panic i rang Bromley Registrar who said they can issue a certified copy of it at £9 which they assured me is as good as the original!

Does anyone know with experience that this is ok? :shock:
mitasol

Re: Acceptance reply for Newsteadwood

Post by mitasol »

Yes, it's fine. You can also order a copy of a birth certificate online. http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

yes the one you have is not actually the original anyway - the original is the one in the register. You just get given a certified copy.

I bought a couple of spare extra "short certs" at the time so they could be sent for such purposes and not worry about losing them.

Mitasol's source takes about 5 days and works well - you will need the numeric reference from the registers though I think to avoid them having to search for it. I do lots of family history on ancestry(dot)co(dot)uk and can search for them through this. If you would like me to look for the reference number for you then send me a private message - otherwise sounds like the Registrar has got the whole thing in hand (and at £9 is 25p cheaper than GRO!)
soundofmusic

Post by soundofmusic »

Thanks all for re-assurances. They told me I can pick it up next Wed plenty of time to hand it in. Guess I just panicked after such a long journey to get to this point!