Newstead wood

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tests

Newstead wood

Post by tests »

Trying to start a new thread for information on newstead wood. My DD has got newstead. Do they keep children from same primary in the same form? Can we request them to allocate the same form to DD and a friend? There are so many questions in mind. It all seems very quiet in this forum.
Ang's mom

Re: Newstead wood

Post by Ang's mom »

Thats exactly the question I asked, in another thread.
So far as I am aware 2-3 girls got in from my DD's class and she's good friends with one of the girls. But I have no idea how Newstead is going to place them.

Of course I know secondary school is all about making new friends and all but it would be helpful if they can start with a couple of familiar ones.
jonnie303

Post by jonnie303 »

I believe Newstead places the younger sisters of existing pupils into the same house as their older sister, so for example if the older sister is in 8W then the younger sister will be placed into 7W. Beyond that, however, I am unclear how the girls are allocated to forms, except that where there are several girls (say 4 or more) joining from a single primary school they tend to be spread around a number of forms rather than all being placed into the same form. I don't know if my elder daughter's class is typical, but the girls in it come from a wide geographical area - Orpington, Petts Wood, Bromley, Beckenham, Croydon, Lewisham. I understand about half of the girls joining Newstead tend to be the only girls from their primary school who got in, which means they're all in the same boat in terms of knowing no-one else when they arrive. But in my experience the girls form new friendships extremely quickly, beginning with induction day.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Ang's mom wrote: she's good friends with one of the girls. But I have no idea how Newstead is going to place them.
We were in the same position last year. My DD and her best friend had been together since Reception both got into Newstead. Both their younger sisters are in the same year at Primary school. We asked Newstead if the two could be placed in the same form as it would mean that we could share school runs and extra curricular activities. The school did place them in the same form. They have both made other friends too but it just makes life easier for me and the other mum.