Suggestions for last 3 weeks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
shahinoor

Suggestions for last 3 weeks

Post by shahinoor »

Hi,

we are aiming to get our child in the top 180.

Going through Bond tests these next couple of weeks and also just ordered GL test papers what % should he be aiming to get ?

It seams like Bond tests are more difficult than the Bexley test in sept?

Thanks

Shahinoor
malibu

Re: Suggestions for last 3 weeks

Post by malibu »

Hi shahinoor,

We are also aiming for top 180 - although at the moment I'm not sure if I'm being realistic :shock:

We are now just doing 30mins per day - to keep things ticking over.

I'm not expecting him to learn anything new - just reduce the number of silly mistakes.
shahinoor

Post by shahinoor »

i am finding that my child knows how to do most of the questions but trips up in detail and little mistakes on the odd tricky questions
dani*

Post by dani* »

It seems that in the Bexley test, especially in the Maths paper it is very important to read the questions properly. It may help to practice "wordy type questions".

Also when ordering new papers please make sure that you have the GL assessment papers and not the new letts papers.

good Luck.
shahinoor

Post by shahinoor »

just ordered the GL papers - they now have a second set ; anyone had a look?
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

shahinoor wrote:just ordered the GL papers - they now have a second set ; anyone had a look?
my ds has been doing the full 80 min tests but 20 minutes into it he gets bored i have tried to overcome this but although he gets 66 out of 80 at the end of the test i feel he will fail because of timing. please help! any ideas
dani*

Post by dani* »

Please bear in mind that the Bexley test has 75 questions not 80. If I remember correctly the time allowed is 90 mins. Also in the real test not all questions are of the same level as the practice papers. If you are worried about timing perhaps it may help to look at exam technique i/e not getting stuck but moving on to the next question. If a question takes to long to work out, move on to the next and come back to the missed question later. Do tick a box though just in case there is no time to go back. In the exam they will tell children not to make notes on the questions paper. Ignore this. There is no penalty for doing so and it may help to make notes for questions that need to be looked at again.

At this late stage some children are simply fed up and want it over and done with. Maybe you could break the paper up in chunks and leave it at 20 mins at the time.

Good luck.
Mungo

Post by Mungo »

How long are the papers for Bexley? I thought they were both 50 minutes.
:shock:
dani*

Post by dani* »

There are 50 and 75 for maths and vr, time allowed is 50 mins I think. DD said she had time left in both the maths and vr papers, whilst she only just managed to finish the NFER practice papers within the time allowed.
malibu

Post by malibu »

Yes, according to the Bexley website, there are 50 Mathematics questions and 75 Verbal Reasoning questions. The time allowed for each test is 50 minutes and are published by GL Assessment.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now