Sept 2012 Bexley/Bromley/Kent takers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bondgirl

Re: Sept 2012 Bexley/Bromley/Kent takers

Post by bondgirl »

Just hand delivered DS's St Olave's SIF this morning and he is registered for Bexley and Kent. On top of all his other activities, DS has just got a part in the end of year play (lines to learn, rehearsals), has been entered for Grade 3 trombone the first week in July plus has a Ju-jitsu grading and cub camp coming up too. I've taken to asking him to tell me story plot lines and describe characters walking to and from school to make use of the ever-decreasing time we have.

I think it will have to be a concerted last effort in the summer holidays. Luckily, he doesn't seem too stressed about it - just me {frazzled, wit's end emoticon} :lol:
cherryo

Post by cherryo »

My daughter will be sitting the Bexley exam - feeling nervous now! We don't live close enough to the Kent schools to make it worthwhile taking. Plus she struggles with NVR whereas her VR and Maths are very good so would rather concentrate on the two areas she's good at!

I would be interested to know what levels people's children are at on the National Curriculum at school? We were told they should be in the top 4s or 5s. My daughter is a 4a in english and a 4b in maths so am a bit concerned that she's not quite high enough but have nothing to lose by taking the test anyway. We've been working through the Bond books but haven't done any test papers yet. She also has a maths tutor.
ruthyy12

Post by ruthyy12 »

My DD will be taking a test in Newstead School. She is doing fine with her scoring 71 out of 80 for VR on the coast practice. Do you think this score is good enough.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Hi ruthyy12

That sounds like a good score but I'm not sure what coast practice is? How is she doing with NVR?

Bondgirl :D
kingsgen

Post by kingsgen »

bondgirl,
It is another 11plus company product. It is practising on line.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Thanks kingsgen. Is it worth looking at?
kingsgen

Post by kingsgen »

It depends on the materials you have been using. How is your son doing anyway?
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Hi kingsgen

It seems to be going well - he's working hard and seems to be getting good scores still. Doing lots of maths papers set by tutor (ex-maths teacher) and GL english and extra english work set by tutor. Ticking over with VR and NVR.

Thanks for asking :D
kingsgen

Post by kingsgen »

well done. I am very aware that SO is your first choice but do not put your eggs in one basket. Give attention to VR and NVR as well so that you can be spoiled for choice in October. I have been blessed of being spoiled for choice and I love seeing people spoiled for choice as well.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Thank you for the advice and your kind words x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now