Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:04 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Townley Grammar
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:19 pm
Posts: 10
My daughter just got accepted and is starting in September. She will be taking the bus to and from there and i would like to know if there is any good bus routes she could take :) . Also she will be starting in year 9 and her biggest concerns is the sports they do, she really doesn't want to do swimming and would like to know if swimming is part of the school sport.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Townley Grammar
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:47 pm
Posts: 64
I have no experience of Townley Grammar but just wanted to wish your DD good luck at her new school. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Townley Grammar
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:19 pm
Posts: 10
Torty wrote:
I have no experience of Townley Grammar but just wanted to wish your DD good luck at her new school. :D



Thank you so much!! My DD and I really appreciate it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Townley Grammar
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:24 pm
Posts: 406
Well done Sidcupper and DD!! That's fantastic news.

The 269 runs from Sidcup to Townley (i'm guessing from your name that's where your DD will be travelling from!).

I don't have a DD at Townley, but friends' children go there and I haven't heard any mention of swimming. I know they do lots of Dance and from year 10 can work towards the DoE during PE lessons.

Hopefully someone with more experience of Townley will be along soon to give you more information.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Townley Grammar
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:19 pm
Posts: 10
Muggle wrote:
Well done Sidcupper and DD!! That's fantastic news.

The 269 runs from Sidcup to Townley (i'm guessing from your name that's where your DD will be travelling from!).

I don't have a DD at Townley, but friends' children go there and I haven't heard any mention of swimming. I know they do lots of Dance and from year 10 can work towards the DoE during PE lessons.

Hopefully someone with more experience of Townley will be along soon to give you more information.



Yes thank you so much! We checked it out and she would only have to stay at one bus and it drops her off right outside the school :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Townley Grammar
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:05 am
Posts: 98
Hello,

My daighter is at Townley in year 8. They do a lot of diffferent sports including Hockey, Cricket, Netball and Tennis, no swimming!

If you want to know anything else please ask!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Townley Grammar
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:19 pm
Posts: 10
greenwichmum wrote:
Hello,

My daighter is at Townley in year 8. They do a lot of diffferent sports including Hockey, Cricket, Netball and Tennis, no swimming!

If you want to know anything else please ask!



Okay thank you so much!! :D Do they have to do dancing and i hear the homework is a lot?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Townley Grammar
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:24 pm
Posts: 406
sidcupper wrote:
Okay thank you so much!! :D Do they have to do dancing and i hear the homework is a lot?


We've also heard from Townley girls that the required amount of homework is huge.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Townley Grammar
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:19 pm
Posts: 10
Is it true they are allowed to do home economics?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Townley Grammar
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:05 am
Posts: 98
Hi, they all have to do dance but they seem to enjoy it. In year seven they have a show for the parents to see what they have been doing in dance and drama and all the girls participated.

In DT they do food technology for one term each year, they also have a term of textiles and a term of graphics.

Re; homework they get a lot in amount more in the first term, a bit less in year 8, i think it is to help them get organised and get used to it. Each piece does not take that long 20-30 minutes 2-4 pieces per day. It is quite mangeable as the homework is not that difficult, it might require looking something up or colouring something in initially, obviously it gets harder as time goes on such as writing essays etc, they use my maths to do online maths homework. My daughter had hardly any homework in primary school and she was fine with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016