Hi - I have been lurking for a while now and find this forum an invaluable source of information - thank you to all who contribute!
I intend to home tutor DD from September with a view to her sitting Bexley and Kent tests in 2013. She is bright and I'm hopeful that with a fair amount of good humour, time-keeping and bribery we will get there
. There's an amazing amount of material available - what does anyone recommend for the above tests (VR, NVR and maths)? I don't hear much about Bond, but I do like their 10-minute tests (we've done a few aged 9-10 ones). My thinking is as follows:
1. Begin with shorter tests to promote confidence and home in on areas she finds difficult, e.g. Bond and IPS
2. Move on to shorter papers e.g. Bond assessment, IPS short papers
3. Do some 'easier' (ha ha) full length papers such as IPS and The Tutors
4. Progress to some fairly tough papers e.g. Bright Sparks
5. Towards the end look at GL Assessment which are apparently the closest to Bexley and Kent tests - these are supposedly easier than Bright Sparks so might provide timely confidence boost as we approach the end??
Have I got this right? Are Bond worth doing or are there better resources? Any other materials people have found particularly good?
Would love to hear any feedback as I'm new to this process and obviously trying to do the best I can for DD.