Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:55 pm 

Can anyone help on this?

My DD is registered for both Kent & Bexley. We were notified for Kent a couple of weeks ago, but nothing yet from Bexley.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:34 am 

If I remember rightly from a couple of years ago, Bexley inform you of the test centre at the beginning of September. Unless anyone knows different (!). I think if you check on the letter they should have sent you after registration, they should tell you there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:31 am 

Hi VP

After a bit of a panic, I eventually found my confirmation email from Bexley. It says we will receive a letter by 4 September informing us of the date, time and location of the test centre.

How is it going anyway? I feel we are not doing any where near as much as I'd hoped during the holidays. But then with DD 2 years ago, we did absolutely nothing during the summer and had done no maths prep whatsoever, and she still passed Bexley. I just hope DS isn't burned out by the time of the tests.

Where is your DD sitting Kent? We're at Judd. May do a test drive before the practice test (a sort of practice run for the practice :lol: )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:21 am 

Oh my gosh, now I've gone into a panic! I've not recieved a confirmation letter from Bexley, so have just hunted through my file where I've been keeping all this stuff and have a print out from Bexley's website confirming that I have made the application (on 16th May) with a reference number and that I will shortly recieve a confirmation email.

I've just trawled through emails & cannot locate. Frighteningly it says you must print a copy of the application or retain a the confirmation email for the registration to be valid! I'm sure I did print out, but cannot find!

What shall I do?!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:53 am 

Phew - just spoke to very helpful lady at Bexley Admissions who looked up & confirmed DD is infact registered!

For the Kent test, she is sitting at Willmington. Realistically Kent is getting a little far, my DD feel in love (& so did we!) with Dartford Grammar for Girls but we know, based on distance it's a longshot.

A shame as DD is flying at NVR, which they don't do in Bexley. She whizzes through these papers, & scores continually top 80%, low 90%. Also strong on VR, but the maths is the area where she struggles.

Tutor back tomorrow & hoping to boost her in this area as much as possible what little time remains!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:38 pm 

Glad you got that sorted VP! I can't find my email either when I search my emails. I'm sure I would not have deleted it. I did print a copy and have the reference number. When DD sat Bexley 2 years ago, I didn't receive the letter notifying us of the test centre. When I rang them, they had got the wrong address on their system :shock:

It sounds like your DD is doing well. Kent is also a bit far for us too but I wanted to keep our options open in the event of a disaster in St O's and Bexley.

In about 2 months' time we will know the results :D :( :shock: :?