Has anyone had a waiting list offer from Bromley selectives?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Lucy

Has anyone had a waiting list offer from Bromley selectives?

Post by Lucy »

That's about it really. I don't know anyone who has received a waiting list offer for Newstead or St Olaves's.
Any info welcome.
Tired Mum

Post by Tired Mum »

Hi Lucy,

I'm from Rehab!

I am waiting for Newstead too! Bromley LEA are terrible and not very helpful; they told me on Monday that they are reconciling the lists this week for all the schools as, as at the Thursday before Easter 5th April about 20% of parents had yet to send their slips in. 20%!!!!!!!!

The lists will then be sent to the schools. NW will get theirs next week. NW offered to all girls down to 220 - the number was well in excess of places available - to allow for declines and children who were offered a higher preference (not NW).

Those girls with 219 are ALL first in the waiting list. IF the list moves they will ALL be offered a place. I do not know how many girls are at 219.

Hope this helps.

TM
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Hi tired mum, I am waiting for olave's.

I know the scond round of offers went out for the non selectives in Bromley this week but didn't realise the selectives offered again only after 1st of May.

The Newstead system is very different to st O's. Places are offered in rank order to those that placed the school first on their CAF/SIF at St O's. The maths test is used as a tie breaker to stop a bunch of children having the same ranking.

Good luck, it sems such a long time ago since they actually sat the test.
Tired Mum

Post by Tired Mum »

Hi Lucy,
know the scond round of offers went out for the non selectives in Bromley this week

That's interesting. When I telephoned on Monday the LEA did not say they were sending out 2nd round offers this week. They just said they were doing a reconciliation. Why is it that Bexley is so helpful and Bromley are not! On a number of occasions (I keep finding some excuse to call them - that desparate for news) I have been given conflicting stories.

Does it mean that they LEA now know where you are in the waiting list - whether it is for selective or non-selective? Kent have been able to tell you weeks ago. I got a 2nd round offer from Bexley 26th March. Bromley???????????????
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

I would think that after may 1st the school would be able to say where you are on the list.

It's strange looking at the rest of the board how different areas have different ways of issuing second round offfers.

Bexley are quick off the mark.

Post by Guest »

We had a phone call from the school today offering a place :D

Tired Mum, I hope youget some good news soon
Tired Mum

Post by Tired Mum »

Anonymous wrote:We had a phone call from the school today offering a place :D

Tired Mum, I hope youget some good news soon
Help! Which school? What score?
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Sorry, Tired mum. It's Lucy, offer from St O's.

Have ben asking round but haven't heard of much movement generally in Bromley.

have you called Newstead as they will now hold the list and should be able to tell you your daughters position.
Tired Mum

Post by Tired Mum »

Hi Lucy,

Thought you were the 'Guest' Well done to your son you must be pleased - a great weight off your mind. Putting off ringing the school as I fear that they will tell me that not only is the school full it is over it's PAN!!!!! That would just be my luck!

Ho Hum... Great news for you and yours though :D
Tired Mum

Post by Tired Mum »

Oh dear Lucy!
have you called Newstead as they will now hold the list and should be able to tell you your daughters position
Seeing your post I took a deep breath and rang the school (what is it they say about curiosity???) Ended up crying on the phone! (I'm a 42 year old graduate and head of department!!!!)

Oh well - appeal it is then!

TM