Results day!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sata

Re: Results day!

Post by sata »

Well done to everyone. It is a very stressful period for the children and parents as well.
Waiting to hear from Newstead on Saturday and Wednesday 17th Oct. for Kent. Anyone waiting for these as well, GOOD LUCK to you all.
Midas

Post by Midas »

Well done to all parents and children. They have all done well.

Looks like although the exam seemed easy the pass mark is very high.

Just a quick question regarding distance calculation.

Is it the same distance tool that all the LEA use.

http://www.education.gov.uk/cgi-bin/iny ... istance.pl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I found this it seems to be a very generous tool ie reducing it by almost a mile.
Shevek

Post by Shevek »

Just opened our letter

So proud of our DS :D :D

Is the top 180 mixed or is it top 180 boys and top 180 girls?

I ask, as (I think) all the selective schools in Bexley are single-sex. (Am I correct?)

And does that directly relate to the number of children who took the test?

I.e. 4990 took the test, top 180 = 180 / 4990 = top 3.6% of those who took it?

Or am I completely on the wrong track...??? (very possible :D )
Juancurt

Post by Juancurt »

After the elation that DD passed I am now finding out how her classmates did.

We live OOB but only just. Some of her classmates live in Bexley although Primary School is in Greenwich.

My DD passes just and many of her classmates sadly didn't. They are all achieving level 5's in class.

I'm even more proud of her as the whole process is tough.

I'm hoping she gets into Townley with her best friend who was one of the few who also passed. They were within 3 marks of each other.

Well done all
Bromleymum1

Post by Bromleymum1 »

Hi Shevek

The top 180 is mixed.

Not all Bexley grammars are single sex. Beths is boys only, Townley is girls only, Bexley G and Chis and Sid are mixed.

Hope this helps.
Shevek

Post by Shevek »

Thanks Bromleymum1, didn't realise those 2 were mixed... (We are in Kent but looking at Beths as an option)
gert123

Post by gert123 »

Have been a silent user as well, just want to extend my gratitude to everyone who has been posting comments, i have found most very helpful and inspiring, its like i had a companion to walk with me and my DD on this journey. DD got 266, we are very pleased.Please dont be disappointed if your child didnt make the pass mark, they would definately have gained a lot from this experience and which ever school they end up, they will SHINE,
kandis

Post by kandis »

Joules,

Thank you and congratulation to your son as well. Every child is different and have their own obstacle to overcome. It' s fantastic that your DS, with your support, had the stamina and determination to go for it.

To all,
Best of luck of the remaining educational journey. This is just the beginning :D
Joules

Post by Joules »

Kandis, many thanks for your encouragements!
I'd like him to take the tests at Eltham College as well, but he wants to go to Bexley GS where most of the selective kids at his school will be trying to go....
One of his friends got the perfect mark, 280!
He'll probably get nearly perfect marks for Kent and st olaves as well. That boy is such a genius!:)

Have you decided which school are you going to send your son to?
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Joules wrote:I'd like him to take the tests at Eltham College
Apologies for butting in! :) We looked at Eltham last year and loved it. We went to the Trinity open day last Saturday too. I'd heard such good things about the school and expected to be blown away, but came away a bit underwhelmed.

It's great that we'll have all the results before having to decide whether to go down the indie route aswell. Are you looking at any other indies Joules?