Bexley Grammar or Dartford Grammar for boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hopeful2002

Re: Bexley Grammar or Dartford Grammar for boys

Post by Hopeful2002 »

Thanks Tracy!

I might PM you with some questions about journeys and logistics etc if you don't mind...we are SO excited for DD to start at the school next September but would love to talk to somebody who's been through it!

Thank you :)
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

By all means. Happy to help. We try to do our best by selecting what we think will be the right school for our kids but it's not until that they are there that you know whether you have made the right (or wrong) choice.
Now that my dd has gone through BGS and is in the 6th form, we kind of know the ropes and can give an honest opinion of what to expect. BGS doesn't over sell itself. It doesn't have to. There are other schools out there that give themselves this 'ss' or 'we are better than any other' tag and they really are not as good as the think they are. :roll: That's not directed at BGS or DGS btw!
BHMum

Post by BHMum »

We decided upon Bexley Grammar as our first choice and DS has been offered a place at BGS. Thank you all for all your suggestions. DS is very pleased and so are we.
inspired2win

Post by inspired2win »

Hi there,

I have a son at DGS and it is a great school. Contrary to what people say, rugby is not compulsory in year 7, highly recommended but that is about it. Our son never attended the year 7 saturday morning sessions, only very ocassionally. In this year only 1/3 of the year form attended. I understand that this is not the case in other schools. Most grammar schools expect students to attend rugby at some point. In regards to demands, DGS is much better in reagrds to demands for rugby.

Pastoral care is great, and discipline is very good. Highly recommended.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

I'm very pleased to hear that inspired2win! We just received our welcome pack from DGS for DS this morning. Beyond happy :D

The HT did make it sound like Saturday morning was compulsory at the Open Evening. DS plays already so I'm pretty sure we'll be there. Hopefully, there will be other Year 7 boys from Bromley so we can car share.