Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:45 pm 
:?: received tests results in December which were sat in November my child only managed 94 out of 140 in VR and 90 out of 140 in NVR.
Was so shoked as in practice runs at home got marks of anything between 76- 90%!! Can I request a review or re-marking of the paper which is done by the teachers of the grammar school?

pat[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:59 pm 
Was this the selection test for Newstead Wood? I didn't think Bromley had a blanket 11+ test in the same way that Kent etc do. If it is Newstead Wood then I think that the school are fairly helpful. However I do know that the school is unbelievably difficult to get into. If not Newstead was it another school?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:42 pm 
Yes, the grammar school in question is Newstead Wood Girls' in Orpington which is on the borders of Bromley.

Is there anyone out there who has done the test and how did your daughter fare? What were the scores? Know anyone who appealed and did they win?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:56 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Was this the selection test for Newstead Wood? I didn't think Bromley had a blanket 11+ test in the same way that Kent etc do. If it is Newstead Wood then I think that the school are fairly helpful. However I do know that the school is unbelievably difficult to get into. If not Newstead was it another school?