St Olaves Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Re: St Olaves Results

Post by hermanmunster »

ss1405 wrote:letter says "Likely " .very Happy.

now we have to choose between QE/St.olaves.

:D
great news !!!
nikki_L

Post by nikki_L »

Well done all. what does it mean likely? It is not certainly isn't it. I am still eagerly waiting to see my DS's letter.
robofish

Post by robofish »

St Olave's came through as likely, which I guess is as good as a guaranteed spot isn't it? It is our preferred choice out of the grammars just for convenience, never mind that it has stellar results. We are still mooching about though. Saw Hayes this morning - a lovely school, but they confirmed we are outside their catchment area more often than not.

Langley Park Boys has a wonderful new school, and we are probably just inside their radius. Realistically its a toss up between St O's & LPBS for us now. I don't suppose anyone has insider information on either do they?
imagine

Post by imagine »

Well done to all. My ds got a likely offer and i am really proud of him.
Bobmumof3

Post by Bobmumof3 »

It's good news here too. At last! Postie only came half an hour ago!!!

But we are torn as we all preferred the atmosphere of The Judd. We'll wait for the Kent scores before making our decisions.

Congrats to all the likely boys! ****
ryancq

Post by ryancq »

My son got a likely as well. So proud of him. He also got a guaranteed place in Bexley. But we are about to choose St olave. Does anyone know if we put bexley grammar at 2nd place, will a place still be guaranteed in case St Olave does not make an offer eventually?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

ryancq wrote:My son got a likely as well. So proud of him. He also got a guaranteed place in Bexley. But we are about to choose St olave. Does anyone know if we put bexley grammar at 2nd place, will a place still be guaranteed in case St Olave does not make an offer eventually?
"Equal Preference System 101"...

The schools are not allowed to know what position you ranked them in - this is between you and your LA. the school just knows that a candidate wants a place there. The school looks at all the candidates who want a place and rank them in order according to their own criteria. If the school would offer a place, it would offer a place regardless of what position it is in on your CAF. You would only not actually be offered the place via your LA if you had ranked higher on your CAF a school for which you also qualify.

If you qualify for an automatic Bexley place and would be happy with that, then you lose nothing by putting St.Olave's first if it is your first preference, followed by your choice of Bexley GS(s) (or with Bexley in any position you choose since your place is secure). If you don't qualify for your first preference, that school drops off your list and your second-listed preference is treated as your first. Etcetera :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
dream mum

Post by dream mum »

my ds has ...he will possibly be offered a place at st olaves what that mean help .....
ryancq

Post by ryancq »

ToadMum wrote:
ryancq wrote:My son got a likely as well. So proud of him. He also got a guaranteed place in Bexley. But we are about to choose St olave. Does anyone know if we put bexley grammar at 2nd place, will a place still be guaranteed in case St Olave does not make an offer eventually?
"Equal Preference System 101"...

The schools are not allowed to know what position you ranked them in - this is between you and your LA. the school just knows that a candidate wants a place there. The school looks at all the candidates who want a place and rank them in order according to their own criteria. If the school would offer a place, it would offer a place regardless of what position it is in on your CAF. You would only not actually be offered the place via your LA if you had ranked higher on your CAF a school for which you also qualify.

If you qualify for an automatic Bexley place and would be happy with that, then you lose nothing by putting St.Olave's first if it is your first preference, followed by your choice of Bexley GS(s) (or with Bexley in any position you choose since your place is secure). If you don't qualify for your first preference, that school drops off your list and your second-listed preference is treated as your first. Etcetera :)
Than you very much Toadmum.
kkd

Post by kkd »

Hi My DS has got 'likely' letter from St.Olaves too. We are happy for him.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now