Open Day Visit - Greenwich Free School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
72Northern

Open Day Visit - Greenwich Free School

Post by 72Northern »

Well done to all children who will have completed the 11Plus by the end of today - DD (second child) sitting today in Bexley.

If you have not done so already, take the opportunity now all the 11Plus build up is out of the way to consider a visit to The Greenwich Free School:

http://www.greenwichfreeschool.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wae4_bmQ1LU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regrettably my DS narrowly missed a pass in the Bexley test in 2011 and we were lucky enough to gain a place at this wonderful school as the first year intake .

It's now the most oversubscribed non selective school in Greenwich Borough as it as an intake of only 100 children per year.

Worth a visit on your open day rounds.
grgygirl

Re: Open Day Visit - Greenwich Free School

Post by grgygirl »

Hello 72Northern - I'm interested in the Greenwich Free School as a non-selective option when the time comes for us. Please can you let me know a little more of your experience of it. Currently, we live out of catchment but would think about moving for the right school.
72Northern

Re: Open Day Visit - Greenwich Free School

Post by 72Northern »

The school is unique in terms of the size and approach to learning that takes place -children are not streamed/set with all abilities taught together.

I would recommend visiting the school to get a real insight into their teaching philosophy of Growth Mindset, particularly if you feel so strongly that you would re-locate areas for the right school.

All children are different and this school is great for my DS, some other parents may not feel its right for their family. My advice is to look at a range of school options and consider where your child feels comfortable and able to engage in the learning opportunities offered.