Bexley chances

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
wertymum

Bexley chances

Post by wertymum »

Hi Everybody,

Congradulations to all DC being brave enough to take 11 plus challage & all the parents for coping the stress.

My DD got 243 bexley. We are out of catchment. Any Ideas whether she has a chance to get in to Bexley Grammer. Townly can be more competitive.

Werty
loonymum

Re: Bexley chances

Post by loonymum »

Townley took all applicants last year who put it as their first choice, so it was no biased solely on distance. Bexley went out 2.6 miles (I am sure I read somewhere that it might actually have been just over 3 miles), but I suspect you would need to be close to that.
madsometimes

Post by madsometimes »

Your dd is unlikely to get into Bexley Grammar, because this school has a tight catchment area. AFAIK, if you are over 3 miles from this school, and not top 180, your dd will not get a place.

Townley Grammar has taken all applicants for the past 4 years, and prior to that, it went out to 7 miles. Obviously, every year is different, and this year things may change, but your dd should have a good chance of getting into this school.
redbridge

Post by redbridge »

Hi,

I am in the same boat OOC, DD has scored 236, thinking of listing Townley in the CAF form.

Good luck and all the best.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now