Thomas Tallis vs Greenwich Free school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vaani2003

Thomas Tallis vs Greenwich Free school

Post by vaani2003 »

Just as a back up option. I want to know your opinion of Thomas Tallis Vs Greenwich Free School, give that there are no rating and not much data available for the GFS.

Any inputs are highly appreciated

thanks
72Northern

Re: Thomas Tallis vs Greenwich Free school

Post by 72Northern »

GFS shouldn't in my eyes be viewed as a back up plan, its our first choice even if our DD passes the Bexley test. A selective cannot offer such a small intake, or she feels the pastoral care of a 100 pupil intake.

There is a huge emphasis on academic stretch/rigor offered at GFS that everyone on this site seems to be searching for. The teaching staff stay with your child throughout their time and will know their abilities inside out by the time the reach GCSE's. Having watched your child grow an develop year on year I'm sure they will want as much as the parents to see them succeed over the finishing line with style.

The two schools you asked about are so very different and both offer great options for your child. I'm loathed to be disparaging of any other school as its about where your child feels comfortable and confidant. My opinions are based on a child currently attending GFS. I am sure that there are equally lots or parents at TT who feel very happy with their child's education.

Happy to talk through life at GFS more if you want to PM me, or alternatively I hope that your receive the new you want next week. :)
freeschoolactivist

Post by freeschoolactivist »

Having read this post I am baffled. Thomas Tallis & Greenwich Free School are the antithesis of each other. Uniform, discipline, A level rigour etc etc These two schools are poles apart in ethos. One is cutting edge photography/dance/art, one is rigorously academic. If you want a backup for GFS Harris Eltham, Crown Woods or Woolwich Poly would seem more logical
vaani2003

Post by vaani2003 »

So freeschoolactivist can you please tell us which school is more of academia ?
Juancurt

Post by Juancurt »

It's best to visit to get a feel for it a school is right for your child.

Last year I visited 10 and this year 4 so far with 2 more visits planned.

You need to take everything into consideration. Harris Greenwich has the best results and I liked the teachers and Head but it's not my first choice.
freeschoolactivist

Post by freeschoolactivist »

I think that all these schools do an excellent job for 11-16. If your child is close to 11 plus level, and will get into Delamere at Crown Woods, that is the most academic option imho
lefol

Post by lefol »

I have heard really good things about the Greenwich Free School and I am certain it will be oversubscribed again this year , so do attend one of the open days if you can . It is a new school , but there are statistics available to assess Thomas Tallis if you need to before you reach a decision .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now