St Olaves vs QEB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
koolmum

Re: St Olaves vs QEB

Post by koolmum »

hi ss1405, ryancq and imagine

You are all very lucky to be in such a position to be able to choose between 2 very good schools. As I said, I would be happy with both.

If you had the chance to visit schools at open days, ask your sons how they felt. Go with what they prefer, because it's them who are going to school not you.

I would prefer to live as close to school as possible. 7 years of travelling to school on daily basis is a very big part of your sons' life. Carrying a big school bag together with heavy sports bag (rugby in winter/cricket in summer... plus other sports) is not easy, even for adults. If your sons are keen in sports, it'd take normally 3 games/trainings on weekdays (during and after school) and matches on Saturdays. Thinking about bad weather days when exams taking place...

Other important things to consider now is how comfortable you are financially in relocating your family; how close you are to your family, relatives and friends; which area you prefer...

I personally prefer smaller school. I have a feeling that there is much more competition among kids (precisely parents) in QE, so there might be more heavily tutored/pushed kids... We DYI for a couple of months for exams into both schools so I suppose St Olaves might be a more suitable place for him. This is very personal which might not be true for others.

My son is doing very well and happy. What more can I ask for?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now