Beths - did you attend the open day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bexleymum101

Beths - did you attend the open day

Post by Bexleymum101 »

Hi everyone - any views on Beths?

My DS missed out on being deemed selective for Bexley Grammars (2 marks) and the HT wants to submit a review. Feels that he has a very strong case backed up with plenty of evidence suggesting he should be Top 180 but Bexley are notoriously difficult at reviews/appeals. so it's anyone's guess whether it'll be successful.

We haven't told DS about the review and we didn't attend any of the Bexley grammar open days, as it just seemed cruel to put him through that. Now we've realised that we still need to put our Bexley preference down on our CAF application whilst a review is pending and we're having to do it blind.

He liked Beths at the evening presentation last year but I'm conscious that it can feel very different during the working day.

Can anybody help???
T&A2003

Re: Beths - did you attend the open day

Post by T&A2003 »

Hi,

We liked Beths a lot and my son wants this as his 2nd choice now (Chis&Sid as 1st choice because of Rugby but this may change after Monday's Open day)!

His twin sister has not been deemed selective by Bexley but has passed the Kent test so we are also appealing to Bexley (she should have passed also and HT is making appeal). I would rather keep the twins within Bexley area and I believe we will be too far away from Dartford Grammar anyway to get a chance there not to mention the longer journey.

You mentioned that you still have to put Bexley on your CAF whilst the review is pending. This is something I was wondering about. Is this recommendation from Bexley? Are you sure that it is best to put the Bexley Grammar even if not selective yet?

Many thanks!
72Northern

Re: Beths - did you attend the open day

Post by 72Northern »

You still must put the grammar that you want on the CAF when appeal pending as the panel do not sit until after the cut off date generally.

If unsucessful your choices will be taken from the highest ranking non selective school you list.