Townley on the 269 bus

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chg-2003

Townley on the 269 bus

Post by chg-2003 »

Hi, we are considering Townley Grammar and I understand a number of students travel on the 269 bus from Bromley.... can anyone let me know the journey time from Chislehurst Station bus stop to Townley in the mornings please? What time do you have to be on the bus to arrive for the first bell at 8.30? I know routes through Sidcup get a lot of traffic in the mornings, so could be a very early start :?

Any advice would be very welcome. Many thanks
Bromleymum1

Re: Townley on the 269 bus

Post by Bromleymum1 »

Hi

Haven't got a child at Townley, so can't tell you journey time, but my ds has recently started at C&S and gets on the 269 from Bromley North Station. He says that a group of at least 7 girls for Townley gets on his bus at about 7.15am. Btw, he says it takes 30 minutes on average to get to Sidcup Station from Bromley North - where he gets off.

Hope this helps a little. You can look up the bus timetable online, although this may differ from reality!

Good Luck with your decision. Hopefully someone else will come along and give you more relevant advice than me!
chg-2003

Post by chg-2003 »

Thank you Bromleymum1, that is really helpful. Does your son have any idea where the Townley girls get on? Also useful C&S info, as we're considering that too! :)
Bromleymum1

Post by Bromleymum1 »

Hi chg-2003

The Townley girls my son sees get on outside Bromley North train station - where he gets on. The C&S open evening is on Monday next week, my son will be "helping out" in one of the departments. I believe there are two open mornings as well. Go and check both schools out. Also, if you have time, try out the bus route to Townley.

My son seems to be settling in fine, so far (famous last words!). The journey home is longer because it's a bit more difficult for Year 7s to get on the bus and there's more traffic about.

Good luck with your decision!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now