Coopers in Chislehurst

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

amfnc

Coopers in Chislehurst

Post by amfnc »

Has anyone got any views on this school? Has any first hand experience of it? If so, could I have feedback, postiive and negative? I looked at it recently with my son and suprisingly loved it (more so than my local grammar).

Thanks in advance :)
MerlinFromCamelot

Re: Coopers in Chislehurst

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

No first hand experience but one of my DD's friends has gone there and is very happy at the school.

Just wondering if the difference in grades between GS and Coopers don't phase you.
(That is just me being nosy)
amfnc

Post by amfnc »

I'm just weighing up all the options. They have a grammar stream there which kick out really good grades. I'm very much of the opinion of finding the right school for my ds, he's very bright so I'd like to think he'd do well, even outside of a grammar. Yes, grammar have the best grades, but that's only because they have all the high achievers in one place. I've heard a few cases of children who have given up their grammar place for a place at Coopers .... I just really liked it and so did my ds, which is why I'm trying to find out more about it.
Jayne02204

Post by Jayne02204 »

My daughter has just started coopers, and I am very pleased, she was 2 points short of passing the 11+ last year, so didn't get a grammar place. She has settled in nicely, in top sets, very satisfied with school so far, I do take her and pick her up because it is crazy at the bus stop. :D
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

I understand where you are coming from. I think that if they have high achievers in the same place it is easier to tailor teaching to the need if the group rather than having to cater for all the mixed abilities.

My DD2 is one of those children who would probably do well in a mixed ability school, DD1 on the other hand probably wouldn't as she tends to go with the flow.
I don't think there is such a thing as a one fits all type of school.

Have a great time choosing.