vocab

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dwisdom

vocab

Post by dwisdom »

We are struggling with the cem vocab questions ...any advice?
sidcupparent

Re: vocab

Post by sidcupparent »

Do lots of reading and cross word puzzles before attempting vocab questions.make sure the books are classics and use a tablet or electronic dictionary
salsa

Post by salsa »

Hi,
Could you recommend some action packed classics, please? Do you mean reading the book on a tablet, or just the dictionary?
Thanks!
sidcupparent

Post by sidcupparent »

There is a reading list on this site. For the tablet use the electronic dictionary either as a app or choose a website children dictionary
salsa

Post by salsa »

Thanks. I'll search for it.
Nikki00

Post by Nikki00 »

I'm in the same boat. My daughter is obsessed with The Hunger Games trilogy, Percy Jackson etc and keeps saying the more classic books are boring. :| Can anyone recommend any books which are good from the English/vocab side but will keep kids entertained ! She is in yr 5 and a 5c in reading so needs early teenage level books but with suitable content ! Thanks.
SummersLazy

Post by SummersLazy »

Same trouble with mine as well.... Hates words list. My English tutor is amazing though.
She is passionate about classic literature and her passion is catchy. She eases in comprehension skills into my children... inference vocabulary and creative writing[complex stuff] too. Try reading with your children.