Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:50 pm 

Hi,

Could anyone (especially parents of the 2014 exam takers) recommend any mock providers? There seem to be a few out there but no information on which are the good ones. I am not in favour of my DC sitting for more than 3/4 mocks. While cost is definitely a concern, I am keen to go by the personal experiences of parents who have done them and would surely have an opinion as to which are the good ones. Many thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:21 pm 

Please note that forum rules generally prohibit anything that might be construed as advertising or promoting a product or service.

However, rule 7 lists some exceptions which include:
Quote:
Announcements relating to practice 11+ tests are usually permitted if organised by a school or PTA or charity.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=148

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:56 pm 

Thank you Moderators. Could anyone recommend Mock Exams conducted by school, PTA or Charity?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:38 am 

I think 11 plus forum themselves are good....if u can travel to harrow. However it is best if you ask your local tuition group if they do cheaper alternatives just to use as warm up. I would also add mock exams arent necessary accurate and majority times harder than real thing. Better to see them as getting the 'right frame of mind' as well as iron out mistakes and thinking under pressure

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:50 am 

Sutton Boys PTA but all sold out. Wallington County PTA in May. DG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:18 pm 

If it is only for the right frame of mind you could enter for the Kent test. Despite exam. Board being different DD said test was very similar. She said she found Kent easier albeit the test conditions for OCC at Wilmington girls were awful (they really did not want us there, me thinks.) Anyway it is a way to get a free practise run in and a good warm up for the Bexley test...