St Olave's to BYMT

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Beck_mum

St Olave's to BYMT

Post by Beck_mum »

Having received the letter about instrumental lessons at St Olave's today, I'm starting to think about logistics for next year.

I was wondering whether anyone had a son who travelled from St Olave's to BYMT after school on public transport. Is it a relatively easy journey? What time would you expect them to arrive at BYMT? I'm assuming it would be fine for a Y7 pupil to manage on their own.

Also, how often do boys stay late after school for clubs? Should I assume he'll be finishing at the normal time every day or not?

Thanks!
PettswoodFiona

Re: St Olave's to BYMT

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I don't have a DS at St Olaves but am local and DD starts at Newstead in September. I hope someone comes along with a better suggestion but as your query had gone unanswered I thought I would put one suggestion down which may be better than nothing. I suspect the easiest route is to walk back towards Orpington Station and get the 208 bus which goes past the BYMT location on Southborough Lane. Enjoy the opportunities.
Billie

Post by Billie »

BYMT teachers go to the school. Out of school lessons can be arranged at a convenient time with the instrument teacher at BYMT itself into the evening depending on availability. Is this for beginner lessons or more advanced? If advanced...some bymt groups / ensembles are in evenings, e.g. secondary schools band, but later on so not straight from school. BYMT advanced groups also on Saturday mornings. Have a look at the bymt website, but also check if what you want can be done in school.

Journey by bus is very easy ...208 from 'Tubbenden Lane' bus stop (St Olaves side of station down main road) would generally take 10 - 15 mins max to BYMT in after school traffic.
Beck_mum

Post by Beck_mum »

Thanks so much - it's for advanced lessons with a particular teacher who sadly doesn't teach at St O's. That sounds like a reasonably easy journey. I was worried it would involve train and bus, or combination of buses.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now