11+ Mock

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dwisdom

11+ Mock

Post by dwisdom »

we did 11+ plus movck from a top supplier (very expensive paid 60 pounds) on sunday.

It was completely different to LETS CEM and CGP CEM

Waiting for results on Sunday - but not impressed

They had sit two per desk and would let you write on the paper ! !

So far in the Lets we are averaging 74-75%

Still having problems with vocab though.....

Has anybody done the bexley familisation paper - there seem to be hard words in it?

Does anyone know how close it is to the real thing?
MerlinFromCamelot

Re: 11+ Mock

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

Nobody knows what is in the test. CEM does not publish practice papers. Putting CEM on the cover of a booklet sells books I suppose.

Don’t know about Letts but DD said that last year the real test was a lot easier than CGP. She also said that the only familiar thing was the answer sheet but she could have seen that in the Bexley online sample.

DD loves reading, we had done none of the vocabulary lists that are being circulated and she did not have any problems with vocab.

I don’t know if they still tell DC not to write on the real papers but I think they only did this because they wanted to reuse the questions booklets. I can’t remember that it was not allowed last year but I remember this being the case with DD1 a few years ago. We told DD1 to ignore the instructions not to write in the book at it as underlining etc.. often helps children work things out. I know that at the time I was not the only one to told the DD to write on the paper and I don’t know of anyone who has been penalised for it.

Good luck, not much longer now!
dwisdom

Post by dwisdom »

Thanks merlin...I paid 60 pounds for the mock test....I have got the results back...74%.
But don't have much confidence in it. Our local tuition centre run better tests....and they were only 15 pounds.
I hope you are right the real thing is easier than cgp
Fingerscrossedmum

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

I have heard that the Mock companies tend to lower the scores they give and then offer tutoring (at a cost of course!) to worried parents.
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

I have also heard that mocks are harder than the actual tests. Not sure if it is true.
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

I read mock exams as mockery of the real exam. Most of the mocks that our students went through were poorly designed, some of the questions were silly or too hard/unsuitable for 11+. I can't disclose further exam details but told the parents to just go for exam like experience - that's it.
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

parent2013 wrote: just go for exam like experience - that's it.
Totally agree. Expensive exam experience though! Me thinks "Shoe Fund".... :)
dwisdom

Post by dwisdom »

I have to say our local tuition centre was very close with their mock exams to the real thing and it was a fraction of the cost of the one I paid for biggest supplier of 11+ mock
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

The Kent mock we paid £60 for bore no relation whatsoever to the real thing in timing, content etc. what we did get was a very clear indication of areas of weakness which we could then focus on plus test type conditions. i can't say whether it was good or poor value as I have no way of telling how this impacted positively or negatively on the real tests. Even once the results come through in October for the real thing I wouldn't know if I would recommend or not. I think we all do what we think is the best, but who has a real clue about what bits really make the real difference?
dwisdom

Post by dwisdom »

I paid the 60 pounds for Bexley test - waste of money - nothing like the real thing.

Our local tuition was only £15 and much closer to the mark.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now