Newstead Friday - it's nearly over.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nikki00

Newstead Friday - it's nearly over.

Post by Nikki00 »

Good luck to everyone one Friday. I think we have more chance of winning the lottery than getting in based on recent scores. Timing has gone out of the window now she can't write on the question paper. Oh well promised dominos for teas and going to see One direction, so treat for me as well. :wink:
mumsdarling2

Re: Newstead Friday - it's nearly over.

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Are you sure she can't write at all on the q paper? How are the children supposed to figure out codes questions etc?
Caramellulu

Post by Caramellulu »

I've just asked my daughter who has started at newstead this year and she remembers being given paper for workings out. Good luck for tomorrow.
Nikki00

Post by Nikki00 »

I phoned the school last week and was told no writing on the question papers. All working to be on rough paper provided. Main issue is when she has been noting +2 -1 etc on number series and letter series. In Nv she was eliminating answers as she worked through. :(
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Last of the September tests for us this Friday. Seems so final. DD had an awful cold on Monday and being at work I was stupidly more agonising than usual as I was also thinking was she going to get over it in time for the test. Bad mum!

Compounded with the dilemma of how to deal with the swearword-awful combination of the second sitting at Newstead with an arrival at 11.45 with collection three hours later and NO snack is feeling like after Kent and Bexley you are putting your child through a food free purgatory and if a school wants this sort of timing putting teaching and timetables over children is it really the right school? Deep breathe. It has felt like a learning curve in more ways than one. DD is still full of cold. I am sure she won't be the only one feeling less than 100% on the day of the test. I am so pleased we have the day after where DD has the reward to order me around - a once in a childhood reward for all the hardwork she has done. I am hoping on lots of board games and dolly spa games. As far away from 11+ as possible - the better.
Nikki00

Post by Nikki00 »

We are also session 2 but luckily only 10min walk from Newstead. Going to give DD big bacon butty at about 10.30am. That should keep her going ! I expect the area will be total gridlock as parents try to find parking spaces. Keep calm ladies and allow plenty of time.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

It is our closest school too so no parking problem for us either. Just awkward timing. Bacon buttie sounds like a fab idea!
hornetgirl

Post by hornetgirl »

Good luck all, my son had a stonking cold on the morning of the Bexley tests and wasn't much better by the Olave's test.

I just filled him up with calpol and the promise of a McDonald's afterwards to keep him going.

After tomorrow we just have the looong wait for the results!
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

If there was a wine emoticon I would use it. It is over. Hope all your DDs had a good day. See you all again around result time...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now