Non-Verbal Reasoning

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
l_bexley

Non-Verbal Reasoning

Post by l_bexley »

Son found today's NVR paper hard - much harder than the other papers.

Apart from this, all my questions have been answered with "Don't know".

What other feedback has anyone had?

Still, at least that's the Bexley test over with!
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Saw my son fleetingly in the playground on his way to basketball. I asked how it was, he said, "what?", I said, "the NVR test!," he said "ok". I breathed a sigh of relief, then he said, "oh no, actually, it was really hard". I'll find out more when I go to pick him up shortly.... One of our school's possible 11+ successes was being consoled by her mum because she'd found the paper really hard. She reckoned they'd had to do a section of 17 questions in 9 minutes.
traceyanne

Post by traceyanne »

Yep daughter found it really hard too. So far all I've got out of her is that she didn't complete quite a lot. I don't want to question too much at the moment she seems a bit disappointed. I'm feeling relieved that its all over and shall try my best not to mention 11 plus until March!
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Update. Son said there were 75 questions split into 4 sections which they had 36 minutes in total to do. He answered all the questions but said he had to guess about 10 completely. General concensus amongst his friends was that it was the hardest one yet (although one boy said it was easy, Grrr) I asked how it compared to the familiarisation test they did at school and he said it was about 50% harder. :?

So that's that. He's done his best. At least he managed to move on from questions he found hard and didn't turn to jelly in the exam room which was my biggest concern. Now, where's the Kent forum.....
Alice73

Post by Alice73 »

Yes, my daughter has done her best. She finished NVR in time, and I am happy the exams are finished. Let us hope for the best.
Alice