Townley Grammar - Outstanding

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Almondcross

Re: Townley Grammar - Outstanding

Post by Almondcross »

Thanks for the reply. I guess 32 per class this September means 14 lucky girls who may not have got a place last year will get a place this year.
Snoop67

Post by Snoop67 »

26/28 is the maximum number of girls in a form at Newstead.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Snoop67 wrote:26/28 is the maximum number of girls in a form at Newstead.
Are you sure? Their admission number each year is 160 and they have five forms (at least for the last few years they have, a few years ago it was less) so my basic arithmetic makes that 32 and that was confirmed at the open day by the girls showing us round. At GCSE and A Level numbers are different as it depends on what subject they are studying and how popular the subject is as to numbers in the class.
Snoop67

Post by Snoop67 »

There's six forms at Newstead, has been for the last 3 years. My daughter loves it.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Snoop67 wrote:There's six forms at Newstead, has been for the last 3 years. My daughter loves it.
Thanks for that, I stand corrected. I or the very new Y7 student showing me round must have confused the number of houses with number of forms.
Snoop67

Post by Snoop67 »

Yes can understand how she's done that. Each House is taking a turn of having 2 forms until every year group has 160 students. Years 10 & 11 still have 130. A sixth House will then be created.
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

We have just heard this week that the deputy head from Townley has been appointed as head of Wallington High School for girls. Good to hear such great things about Townley particularly the pastoral side.
angie2601

Post by angie2601 »

My daughter got Townley which i am happy with. It was 4th on our list but I am pleased she got it because she worked hard to pass the bexley test.
Her initial reaction (understandable) was none of her friends were going there.
We put Darrick wood first (assumed outside catchment) then Bullers because my daughter preferred that (I think she knew others who were going there with siblings) and then Wilmington having passed the Kent test then Townley which was my first choice.
We are 3miles from Bullers Wood but wondered whether with the pass mark for the Bexley test the decision was to go with a grammar school
All your comments on the Outstanding ofsted report also confirms the right decision was made.
Just got to sort out DJ coaches from Orpington !
salsa

Post by salsa »

Congratulations. Do you know how far Townley went on first allocation? Thanks.
sobz70

Post by sobz70 »

( I emailed them and this is the reply I got)
The cut off score this year is 215 and the mileage on the initial offers went out 8.04 miles.

Regards

Miss J Stapleton

Admissions Assistant

Townley Grammar School

0208 304 8311 extn 4861
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now